Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Night Lites


-Erik notes: Health Insurance Companies Heavily Invested in Fast Food.

-Very long-time member Mark Foy offers pdfs of Vitalita's cookbooks.

-AAC Leafleter Laura comments:
I felt so much more comfortable leafleting after the first couple times.  By the third time I had lost the jitters.  I just told myself that this is one of the most effective ways to help the animals, and I desperately want to help them, so go for it!  Knowing you guys figured out what works gave me the drive.

-A big tent means more progress: Earlier today, VO received a donation and an order for Even If You Like Meat booklets to distribute at Iowa State. This person isn't vegan, but says:
I'm an animal lover, and I don't think we need to be eating meat as recreationally as we do. The things we let happen, I think, degrade us; especially considering our active participation in fueling it, and our sometimes willful ignorance of it.

-Finally, to kick off the weekend, this video from a one-time AAC leafleter.

Promote this post with these options: