Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Miscellany


* More Mark Bittman on Scott Jurek's 24-hour US record.

* In all weather! At right, Twila Hoyle carries boxes of Vegan Outreach booklets through street flooding in New Orleans.

Recent feedback:

I probably subscribe to hundreds of newsletters from nonprofits (mostly animal-related), but I keep looking forward to reading yours! I've already read many of the articles you link to, but I love reading your articles about why you do what you do and your vision for the future. I look at the world in a similarly calm, pragmatic way and that is why this is my favorite organization. I've decided that I'm going to get over my meaningless fear of leafleting and start doing it regularly next semester.

I also wanted to let you know that I use your principles (coming off as happy and kind, and not talking about purity) in my everyday life, and both of my parents have cut down significantly on their animal product intake for health reasons, and my younger sister is vegetarian and only drinks soymilk. My boyfriend hates factory farming and wants to go vegetarian eventually.

* If you can, please support Team Vegan!

* Friday night video: Ring of Fire by Joaquin Phoenix.