Saturday, July 3, 2010

Animals Matter


Jon reports from Grayslake, IL:

After Rachel and I reached 350 students at the College of Lake County, I stopped at the local Noodles and Company.  I asked the cashier, a young woman probably around 18 years old, what the vegan option was.  She responded, "Are you vegan?"  I confessed that I was.  "OMG!  That is so awesome!," she replied.  It turns out that she had once been vegan.  After eating, I went up and gave her a Compassionate Choices and a Guide, and told her that if she wanted to consider adding more vegan meals into her life, that the information included in the booklets would be helpful, that it was from the group that I worked for.  Her response was something along the lines of "OMG, this is SOOO cool!  I get your e-newsletter!" and then went on to show all of her co-workers.  


And you know how agribusiness says it is in their financial interest to value their animals? Well, not so much.

-Matt