Monday, September 20, 2010

Shameless Book Promotion!



From EJ:

I just read The Animal Activist Handbook and attended a book discussion with Bruce in Baltimore. Thanks for being a resource to all of us trying to make a difference. You guys have taken the second-guessing out of being effective animal advocates!

From YM:

Just wanted to say thanks -- I've just finished reading The Animal Activist Handbook!  While I still have a lot to learn about being vegan (only just in my 3rd year now), I have a much bigger appreciation for your organization and it's approach to animal advocacy now that I've read that.

Most especially, I believe you guys are right on the mark the way you focus strongly on being positive, and also the way you've arrived at the highly effective tactics you use in order to make true grassroots change.  In Vegan Outreach, I feel as though I've found an organization with highly similar views towards advocacy as my own.  It's kinda weird, but I almost feel like it was a part of the reason I went vegan in the first place, so that someday I could approach people cleanly in order to try and get them to open their minds too.

The first outreach I tried this past weekend actually went really great, and now I want to try this type of activism further.  It's probably the type of thing where the more you do it, the better you get at it. With such great possibilities for making an impact this way, I want to give it a go and see what comes.

So thanks again, not just for the book, but also for VO's immeasurable contribution towards changing people's hearts and minds in their relationships towards animals.  I look forward to doing my part now to help out too...


More reviews at Amazon.

You can purchase the book for 1/3rd off cover price via our catalog!

.