Monday, June 6, 2011

Shameless Self-Promotion


From a new recurring donor:

I wanted to let you know how much your daily e-mails have impacted my thinking on how to support animal rights.

We began the process when we became vegetarian. As we learned more, I've become vegan and my wife is nearly there too.

Early this year we began supporting the only animal rights organization that we knew. When we began, it was, as you say, "do something, do anything." Eventually I subscribed to Your Daily Dose of Vegan Outreach. Your message of having the most impact for the animals really makes sense and is what lead us to begin our monthly support for Vegan Outreach. 

In addition, your message of encouraging people to take the first step rather than the last step has really affected the way that I interact with my non-vegan family and co-workers, and more importantly has allowed me to get over some of the internal frustration that I've had with my wife, who has made HUGE progress, but has always had a little more difficulty with the transition. Your messages have reminded me to focus on how far she has come (she couldn't handle the thought of becoming vegetarian when it first came up five years ago), rather than focusing on the cheese pizza she eats a couple of times a month.  I went from inappropriately frustrated with her to appropriately proud of her immense willingness to change and improve.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for all that you do, both for the animals we're all trying to help, and for the (human) animals you encourage with your words.