Monday, January 9, 2012

Three Quick


Via Erik, Paul Shapiro explains the ag-gag bills.

MFA on meat-consumption projections.

And I just came across this story; even though it will be in Wednesday's EN, I'll share it here too:

The University of Mississippi was one of the most positive leafleting experiences I've ever had! The response was wonderful, and I met so many people who were genuinely interested in our message. I even got invited to go speak to a food policy class, so I jumped on the opportunity and had an amazing conversation with the students. Students were so engaged that I ended up speaking for more than twice my alloted time, so as to answer all the questions. The professor is really interested in Vegan Outreach, even though he comes from a family who raises cows for beef. I had such great feedback, and when I left, everyone was profusely thanking me for coming to their class and telling me how much they loved hearing about these issues. Seriously, it was one of the most productive, proactive conversations I have ever had.
—Jeni Haines, 10/26/11