Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dedicated to You


Jon reports:

Today’s leafleting at SUNY New Paltz brings our four-week tour to its end. It was probably the biggest month of college outreach I’ve ever taken part in. Stats: 30 schools leafleted (at 18 of these we set a new all-day record), 41,718 students leafleted, and 3,210 miles driven.
     It was such a treat spending a month with [fellow Team Vegan member] John Oberg. He is the real deal. I think it’s fair to say that I have a pretty hard work ethic, but if anything, John encouraged me to step up my game and work harder and better.
     As always, none of the work we do would be possible without the support from you donors out there. I know I’ve said this before, but leafleting is not especially glamorous, but it really does get so many people to consider the plight of farmed animals and make changes (as evidenced by all the people who told us on this trip that they were deeply moved by the booklet). I’m continually so grateful that there are those of you out there who see the need for this work and walk the walk by making it happen through your generous contributions. This tour is dedicated to you.