Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 1 for John O


After a little under three years of volunteering, today is Day #1 being officially employed by Vegan Outreach. It's safe to say that there is absolutely nothing I'd rather be doing in this world than engaging in some of the most effective outreach I possibly can, while getting the opportunity to explore the continent, interact with the public, and meet/hang out with some of the coolest people in the entire world. I love VO and the whole family of leafleters, volunteers, hosts, and donors.

As for today, I set a new personal record of 2,761 booklets handed out to students at Winona State. I got in early and stayed until the 3:00 class change. The Winona students were very receptive and I was thanked numerous times for being out there in the sun (which unfortunately led to me having one of the worst farmer's tans in my life). Heard lines such as "Keep up the good work!" and "It's a good handout, I didn't know most of the stuff in there."

-John Oberg