Thursday, October 18, 2012

Quote and Pics!


From Wednesday's Enewsletter, but worth a repeat:

Since becoming vegan in 1995, I have distributed tens of thousands of Vegan Outreach leaflets in a dozen states (and counting). Although I started using VO literature early on in my activism, I still felt that leafleting by itself wasn't as effective as protesting every weekend. I couldn't have been more wrong, especially when I looked at the amount of time I spent organizing protests, calling activists to attend the protests, making signs, etc. Maybe I felt that since I had invested so much time and effort, protesting had to be more effective than simply handing out leaflets for an hour or two. Thank goodness that Vegan Outreach continues to steer activists in the right direction!
-Dawn

The sun shines on Krista at Miracosta College --
another new veg thanks to Nikki!

Andy Bruland makes the animals' case.

John Oberg reports from  Trinity Western University: I handed a booklet to an Ethiopian woman (above) who sat down on a park bench near me while I leafleted my second class change. Early on, while looking at pictures of broiler chickens, she said, "This is real?" After about 15 minutes of reading it, she told me "This is great." I gave her a Guide to Cruelty-free Eating and she seemed very happy that this resource existed.


Engrossed at Kwantlen Polytechic (Surrey, BC)