Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Dawn of a New Number!



Dawn Ratcliffe, Vegan Outreach's Southeast Coordinator, has now reached over 200,000 students with a VO booklet!

We'd like to take this opportunity to share one of our all-time favorite stories:


Since becoming vegan in 1995, I have distributed [hundreds] of thousands of Vegan Outreach leaflets in a dozen states (and counting). Although I started using VO literature early on in my activism, I still felt that leafleting by itself wasn't as effective as protesting every weekend. I couldn't have been more wrong, especially when I looked at the amount of time I spent organizing protests, calling activists to attend the protests, making signs, etc. Maybe I felt that since I had invested so much time and effort, protesting had to be more effective than simply handing out leaflets for an hour or two. Thank goodness that Vegan Outreach continues to steer activists in the right direction! 
 -Dawn